Symposium / 20. September 2018 - 21. September 2018
Particle-Based Materials Symposium
The goal of the Particle Based Materials Symposium is to bring together scientists and engineers from different communities that all share the goal of creating functionality in materials using particles. The synthesis, processing and materials integration of particles into thin films, bulk matrices, fibers or other geometries are covered by this symposium.
A strong focus will be on the development of scalable processes, novel modelling or characterisation techniques as well as material properties that can be achieved using particles and that would be hard to obtain using other approaches. Anisotropic, complex particles, and supraparticles that bring new or multiple functionalities to materials are of particular interest.
- Synthesis (bottom up, top down), (in situ) characterisation (including new multidimensional techniques) and processing (purification, formulation, etc.) of particles to be used in advanced materials
- Special types of particles (anisotropic particles, supraparticles, multifunctional particles, etc.)
- Assembly, arrangement, alignment and patterning of particles in films and bulk materials
- Multiscale simulations of particle growth, assembly and properties
- Applications of particle based materials with targeted (multi)functions (magnetic, optical, electronic, structural, chemical, biological, etc.)
Contributions (oral and poster) from researchers at all levels are highly appreciated.