Inductively heatable particles – MAGSILICA®
Precise, fast and efficient heating is achieved by magnetic particles (MAGSILICA®) exposed in an oscillating magnetic field. This allows simple, cost-effective and automizable industrial processes. For example, very fast curing of resins and silicones or local heating of catalysts or adhesives can be realized. In addition, the bonding/debonding of joined parts is also very attractive for recycling-friendly products.
- Magnetic additives MAGSILICA® in combination with induction processes allow extremely fast, locally limited heating.
- Inexpensive silica particles containing tailor-made magnetic nanoparticles are, for example, introduced directly into the material to be heated as additives.
- A controllable induction field is used to apply the energy required for the desired heating directly into the additive containing material in a fast and precisely localizable manner. In this way, for example, thermally activated adhesives can be cured or dissolved quickly.
Advantages of the process are:
- Efficient energy coupling
- Fast heating rates of up to 1500 Kelvin per second
- Exact localization and limitation of heating
- Uniform heating of complex structures such as extruded profiles, pipes, seals or fibres
- Precise temperature control through specific adjustment of the additives and/or regulation of the induction field
- Simple induction hardware that can be retrofitted into existing production systems (also robot-supported)